Thursday 16 June 2011

Today Was a Good Day to Walk Away

Today, I walked away from cutting wipes, away from my untidy kitchen, away from the pile of laundry on the table waiting to be folded, away from the computer ( *gasp* !!! ) and played outside with my kids ( well, the 2 that weren't in school ).
We played baseball, kicked the soccer ball, watched out for dog poop, and dug in the dirt....a LOT !! I found my husband's gorgeous and soft leather work gloves ( seeing as I can't find any gardening gloves big enough to fit my "man hands" - the joy of having really long fingers lol ) and pulled weeds. Together we managed to completely de-weed one of our corner flower beds, and it looks amazing.
Now, if only I could find enough steam to de-weed all the other even bigger flower beds... but I am thrilled we got that done. Best part, it felt SO good to do it :) The kids were happy, I was happy and we had fun together finding shiny blackish-purple beetles that scurried all over my hand, enormous dirt-covered worms, cool to the touch, wriggling white grubs, deep in the dirt waiting to be "born".

Thank God for creating such beauty, even in small things.

Happy Gardening,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment